Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Thankful Gardener

I'm thankful for tulips that know they're perennials and act like it.


I'm thankful for reliable performers...


...and pleasant new surprises.


I'm thankful for the few butterflies we had this year, and that my garden could offer them some food and respite, even if only for a moment.




I'm thankful for garden buddies who provide blogalong passalongs.


I'm thankful for botanical oddities that keep me guessing...


...peppers that did the best they could in adverse conditions...


...and plants that remind me to pay attention to them, even when they're relegated to a less-than-perfect spot and deserve better.


I'm thankful for the rewards that gardening provides...




...and the continual promise of more beauty to come, year in and year out.


Most of all I'm thankful for you, dear readers, because without you I'd just be talking to myself! Happy Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Thank you! It's good to see little bits of my garden flourishing in yours. It doesn't take much to make us gardeners happy, and you've summed it up very well.

Rose said...

An excellent Thanksgiving post, Rose! This affirms the idea that the things that bring us the most joy are really the simple things in life. I, too, am grateful for the small miracles that occur in my garden. And I share your thanks for fellow bloggers--everyone else here rolls their eyes when I start talking gardening:) Have a great Thanksgiving!

Ramble on Rose said...

MMD--No, thank you!! My back shade border is almost complete, thanks to Squirrelhaven passalongs. I can't wait to show them off next year!

Rose--I know how you feel! Only little kids will share the excitement of playing in the dirt; the rest of the adults don't get it :)

Dig, Grow, Compost, Blog said...

What a great post! And yes, we should all be thankful for our fellow bloggers. I know I am!

Gail said...

Thank you! Have a wonderful holiday Rose...gail

garden girl said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Rose!

Cindy, MCOK said...

Rose, no matter how bad a day I'm having, stepping into the garden is enough to banish my blues and remind me how much I have to be thankful for ... this year I count new friends made in Chicago amongst my blessings! Thank YOU for being one of them!

Ramble on Rose said...

Jean--Thank you!

Gail--Same to you!

GG--Same to you, too!

Cindy--No, thank you! I feel very grateful that the convention was in my backyard, so to speak!

You May Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails